This class is structured to help the beginner student to understand the medium of water color.
We will be exploring landscaping painting, still life and portrait painting in various styles, spontaneous and rendered
The instructor will demonstrate: masking, brush control techniques, wet into wet and dry brushing techniques.
Composition will be stressed in this class to focus the student on creating dynamic well thought out watercolor paintings!
- HB pencil
- Postcard (4¼” x 51⁄2“)
- 4 sheets of Arches cold press 140-pound watercolor paper (around 14″ x 10″)
- Quick release tape (width 1″)
- Painting palette for watercolor paints
- A container of water
- Paper towel
- Cardboard (at least 16″ x 12″)
- Ultramarine Blue
- Prussian Blue
- Cerulean Blue
- Alizarin Crimson
- Cadmium Yellow Medium
- Permanent Green Light
- Cadmium Red Light
- Dioxazine Mauve
- Turquoise (by Winsor & Newton Cotman Watercolors)
- Copper acrylic wooden handle flat brush (size 10)
- Soft grip golden taklon oval wash brush
- Short handle round brush (size 6)
- Short handle round brush (size 2)
Instructor: Bill Graf
Fall Tuesday Afternoon Class
Time: Tuesday 2 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Start Date: September 12, 2017
Class Length: 8 weeks
Price: $440 (Please note, prices are adjusted for late registrants)
Class size: 4-10
Be sure to check the Class Calendar for closings, holidays and room numbers.